This project was led on a Design and Build (D&B) basis as part of the Department of Education & Skills Rapid Build Schools delivery programme 2015 – 2017. ABM’s role in the project was as Main Contractor and Project Supervisor for the Construction Stage (PSCS).
The project consisted of a new 2 storey school comprising 16 classrooms, GP Hall, Library/Resource room and ancillary accommodation. The build also included special needs units and office accommodation and was programmed to be delivered within 32 weeks of start date.
The construction of a proposed new two storey 16 classroom school with a GP Hall, Library/Resource room, ancillary accommodation and associated site works.
This required the demolition of the existing school buildings and removal of the existing prefabricated buildings under a phased programme along with the provision of temporary accommodation for part duration of the construction works.
- Contractors Representative
- Design and Construction team leader
- To manage the design team members in the development and co-ordination of rapid build construction techniques and to ensure that the relevant information was available to achieve both the rapid start on site date and to adhere to the fast track programme
- Sanctioning of all design decisions to ensure these were solutions which could achieve the rapid build programme
- Ensuring that the design development adhered to the procurement and manufacture schedules, in particular the off-site production programme for the Kingspan panellised system used
- Responsibility for all on-site construction activities
- Responsibility for the management and co-ordination of health and safety matters on-site in our role as PSCS
- Responsibility for the delivery of the project to a tight schedule including the commissioning and compliance with Schedule A of the DoES requirements for handover