Works began in May 2015 in the basement of Google offices in Barrow Street for the remedial upgrade works including fire protection and acoustics. The works to a total of 23 weeks and was signed off by BKD Architects and O’Connor Sutton Cronin structural engineers.
The works consisted of the following items:
- Remedial fire proofing of steel members giving the required protection for compliance with fire certification
- Realignment/Alterations of existing Mechanical & Electrical services in order to carry out fireproofing of steel structures
- Dismantling/Protection of stacking system car parking during the course of the works
- Construction/Installation of acoustic and non-acoustic temporary screens to facilitate phasing of the works and containment of blasting grit paint removal in full operational live building scenario
- Upgrade/Installation of fire doors to basement area
- Provision of full certification and warranties for all new elements and works